Saturday, January 03, 2009

Trying to restart the blogging habit

Well, it has been almost two years since I posted anything to my blog. Sorry about that! I was on sabbatical in 2007-08, and though I spent a huge amount of time during that year reading about digital and online technologies I'm afraid that I neglected this blog. This shows, I know, the extent to which I am NOT a digital native.

During the year, for instance, I wrote up a number of reflections about various books that I read. I wrote them up in Word, and I could have easily posted them here--as my friend and former student Michael Faris (now in the Ph.D. program in rhetoric and writing at Penn State) gently suggested a number of times. Somehow I always managed to find a reason to put that off to another day.

It's not that I didn't want to post my thoughts--it's just that I never really made this blog a natural, recurring part of my writing life.

To be truthful, I don't know if I can make that happen. But this weekend I am gearing up to teach ENG 495/595 Language, Technology, and Culture, and I feel the need to try to reimmerse myself in--and reactivate--this blog.

(I don't get many visitors to this blog, which is not surprising given how seldom I post, but if you don't already know me I teach at Oregon State University in Corvallis OR.)

I guess this post will serve as my reintroduction of myself to the blogosphere. Now I think I'll see if I can find some of those summaries/responses to books I read on sabbatical and post them.

4 Comments:

At 9:34 AM, Blogger Snowbrush said...

Welcome back!

 
At 11:04 AM, Blogger Lisa Ede said...

And thanks for stopping by!

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger Michael Faris said...

I am glad to see you're blogging again! I'm looking forward to more :)

 
At 5:31 PM, Blogger Lisa Ede said...

Thanks, Michael! I've been having an interesting exchange (via comments) with a Web 2 scholar in Great Britain.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home