Sunday, January 16, 2005

A visit from Paul Bausch!

Well today is a red-letter day for my new blog for sure!

(Interested in the origin of red-letter in its current use? According to an historian at OSU who specializes in Russian history--I heard this at a talk he gave--the origin of this term dates back to the practice of illuminating feast days for peasants in red in the Catholic liturgical calendar. On feast days, which were days honoring this or that saint, the peasants didn't have to work. This is why a "red-letter" day is a good day. I don't recall whether this practice was limited to Russia or was broadly practiced across Europe.)

But back to Paul Bausch. For those of you who don't know, Paul Bausch is one of the co-developers of the Blogger software. I've already mentioned the sites he maintains, but he's also written the books We Blog and Amazon Hacks. Paul lives in Corvallis, Oregon, as I do, and he's been tremendously helpful to me as I attempt to find my way around the blogosphere.

It was a real boost to have Paul visit my site. This will encourage me to make some changes this coming week. I'm hoping to add some links and to personalize the template for The Writing Way.

I'm taking baby steps, but I'm taking them.

1 Comments:

At 3:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quite an honor, indeed, to have had a visit from the estimable Mr. Bausch, whose Blogger software I am using to write this note. Thanks to him and his colleagues countless numbers of us have been able to inflict our prose on untold numbers of innocent people.

Hope

 

Post a Comment

<< Home