Sunday, September 18, 2005

A new course I'm teaching on Language, Technology, and Culture

Hi there,
Sorry it's been so long since I've posted. It's been a busy summer. I thought I'd write now to let interested readers--are you out there?--know that I'm teaching a new course this coming fall term. It's called Language, Culture, and Technology, and I'm quite excited about it. There are three texts for the course:

Manguel's A History of Reading

Selfe's Technology and Literacy in the Twenty-First Century: The Importance of Paying Attention

Gee's What Video Games Have to Teach Us About Literacy and Learning.

We're going to be experimenting with a class blog for this class; in fact, with the help of colleagues at OSU I'll be creating a blog especially for the class.

If anyone out there would like to know more, let me know.

Lisa

2 Comments:

At 9:45 PM, Blogger Michael Faris said...

Hi! This is Michael - the GTA who does Sisyphean Task. I just came across your blog on Orblogs.com. I think the previous comment is probably a bot - you can prevent those by going into your preferences and turning on "word verification" so that computer programs can't leave comments on your blog.

I'm excited for class next week! See you Tuesday!

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger Lisa Ede said...

Hi Michael,
Thanks for the tip! I just went in and changed my setting for word verification.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home