Tuesday, October 04, 2005

A quick clarification since I've given two talks at the Humanities Center in the last few days

Hi there,
I just posted the text of a talk that I gave at OSU's Humanities Center on Monday, October 3rd. This was a longish talk on the research I did while a resident at the Humanities Center last year. I was scheduled to give this talk last spring term, but an emergency appendectomy changed that.

But I also gave a talk at the Humanities Center the previous Friday. This was a much briefer talk that I shared with members of the College of Liberal Arts Advisory Committee. This is a stellar group of graduates from OSU's College of Liberal Arts--people who have gone on to be very successful in business, industry, and the professions--who provide guidance to and support for the college.

The talk was also on my Humanities-Center-sponsored research, but it was about 10 minutes rather than 40 minutes or so, as my talk yesterday was. I want to be sure it's clear that the talk I've posted is the longer version of the two talks.

If any of the Advisory Board members visit my site, let me say again how much I and other faculty members appreciate the good work you do for CLA and for the humanities in general. You're terrific folks, and I really enjoyed spending time with you.

Lisa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home