Thursday, October 27, 2005

Check out my new blog roll--thanks to Emily Nashiff

I'm learning a lot from the students in my class on Language, Technology, and Culture this term. For me as teacher, I know that if I'm not learning along with the students then I'm really not teaching, at least not in any authentic way.

But this term I've been learning in an additional way. Today, for instance, Emily Nashiff--a wonderful student in our class--showed me how to set up a blog roll for The Writing Way. Well, okay, so Emily set up the blog roll, cutting and pasting from our class' blog (The Presence of Others) and I watched.

But I did add a new blog link myself! For most of my students this would be a fairly insignificant step, but for me doing anything with HTML is daunting--even when I have a good teacher, like Emily, sitting next to me.

So thanks, Emily--and thanks also Michael Faris, who helped me learn how to do hotlinks in our class blog. I'm taking baby steps, but at least I'm trying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home