Wednesday, February 23, 2005

A brief scientific update on dog/skunk interactions

Hello again,
It's an hour or so after my earlier post, and I am writing to make two brief scientific updates on dog/skunk interactions.

Update # 1:
Even a vigorous washing with tomatoe juice apparently can not completely get rid of a skunk's scent if a dog gets well sprayed, as ours apparently did. My husband gave Bachelor a vigorous washing, and he left the tomato juice on for about ten minutes, and we still catch whiffs of skunk of Bachelor now and then.

Update # 2:
When the weather is warm, as it is today, the heat somehow intensifies whatever skunk smell your dog, carpets, and furniture have.

Some readers may have already noticed that I am making these observations as I prepare to head out for a professional trip, leaving all clean up responsibilities to my husband. Unfair?

I would simply like to point out that if he had been here when Bachelor was sprayed I could have pointed out to him that "YOUR dog was just sprayed by a skunk!"--whenever there's a problem with Bachelor he suddenly becomes my husband's (rather than my husband's and my) dog--and he could have taken care of it right then!

2 Comments:

At 6:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Served HIS wife right.

Hope

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger Lisa Ede said...

Thanks for your comment, egf2b. Having experimented with tomato juice and with the combination I posted yesterday, my conclusion is that various products/combinations can help--but that you do just have to wait out the stink.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home